Saturday, May 11, 2013

Tool # 2 - Building Community in the Online Environment


I noticed that when you open a question to anyone, you will generally get answers that span the spectrum. This can be different when you speak with a teaching community that is exposed to similar ideas and philosophies. I liked being able to hear so many different views on one topic. This also helped me feel more confident in my post. I knew that my view would offer another perspective. It might not have been the posters answer, but I was able to participate in the professional dialogue and maybe someone else could benefit from my post. I certainly learned from others' posts!

I plan to visit proteacher.net often. I like the format and the community of teachers so willing to share and learn. I can search on topics directly related to my grade, subject, and/or specific issue or question.

No comments:

Post a Comment