Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tool #9: Incorporating Classroom-Based Devices as Tools for Learning


  1. Tying technology into an objective gives students multiple outlets for success and allows students options for showing that they understand something.
  2. Student accountability for stations ensures that students will have some buy in at the stations. If we do not measure their progress at each station, then they might not get as much value from each station.
  3. I like thinkfinity because it allows students a fun outlet for practicing skills that I introduce in class. I also like shephard software because it helps students solidify map skills in a fun way.
  4. I use an app called world atlas. It is a great resource for map questions and it is always updated so that country information is always up to date. I also use Myworld because it gives them a realistic view of the world and a better understanding that it is not flat.
  5. My students often record informative videos that other students can watch as a station. It is beneficial for the students acting as teachers and for the students who watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment